Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Media and Me

What forms of new media do you use daily? How has new social media influenced your perspective of events? Are these positive or negative influences?
First and foremost, my apologies for being late on this.

With that being said, I tend to stay completely away from social media. I hate it. I, at first, was all about Myspace and Facebook, and even SpicePad; the adult version of Myspace. Its also where I found my ex wife, so its mostly likely to say that I hate SpicePad and social media with a passion. Sorry.

As I was saying, I used to love being on Facebook. It was great to be able to talk to old friends, and connect with people. There were some fun games and it was nice to be able to compete with people in certain games. However it all began to get very old as time went on and it influenced me quite negatively. I got so sick and tired of people having these horrible days and throwing it for everyone in the world to see, especially when I was having a good day. I also got sick and tired of people posting their happy news when I was having a bad day. What can I say? When I'm in Eeyore mode, I don't want ANYONE to mess with it.

Then there were the idiotic posts where people just can't seem to leave each other alone and agree to disagree respectfully. So, in the end, I realized that I hated social media. Throw in the fact that my ex wife and her latest idiot decided it would be awesome to stalk my Facebook and give me crap for doing Zumba, I realized that I needed Facebook like I needed a bleeding ulcer, my eyeball stabbed out with a spoon, or castrated by a fork.

So you could say that my feelings toward Social Media are quite negative and I'm happy to be away from it. I even have the app for Bleacher, sports news, and I try to stay away from the comments section because people are idiots. All they do is trash talk each other and then get all offended, no one can just have an opposing viewpoint! So I watch these people bicker back and forth with text on the screen and really taking the time out of their day to get the last word in. Then, ironically, someone will say something about being the bigger person and attempt to be mature. Then the fight will continue and the digital junk waving takes a whole new turn with more people joining in. Reminds me of why I prefer to be left alone.

Social media=voice of cretins.

I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment